Honey yogurt is a great alternative to whipped cream and it's pretty healthy too! This week, our kids have been eating honey yogurt on a daily basis with some fresh fruits, nuts as well as dried cranberries. Thanks again to Capilano for all the honey they have sponsored us with ;)
French Toast with Honey Yogurt
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
4 thick slices white bread, 1" thick
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp salted butter
For the honey yogurt
200g natural yogurt
2 tbsp honey
1/2 pack blueberries
2 tbsp almond flakes
2 tbsp dried cranberries
Honey, for drizzling
1. Using a fork, beat eggs, milk, and cinnamon together until well blended. Place in a shallow bowl/plate.
2. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture. Allow it to soak for about 5-10 minutes.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Place 1 piece of bread into the pan and fry for a few minutes until golden brown, then flip over and repeat for other side.
4. In a small bowl, mix the yogurt and honey together.
4. Place the French Toast on a plate. Put a heaped tablespoonful of honey yogurt, then serve with blueberries, almond flakes and dried cranberries. You can drizzle over more honey if you like.
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)