Thursday, August 1, 2013

Little Thumbs Up: Eggs (August 2013)

Hi everyone, August has finally arrived and I am happy to announce that I will be hosting this month's "Little Thumbs Up" event.

What is Little Thumbs Up? It is a cooking/baking family-oriented event organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite DIY  and each month, one rotating hostess of this event will nominate an ingredient (preferably something healthy for your family).

Are you ready for some egg-tion?


Eggs galore!


My chosen ingredient for the month is EGG - we are an egg-loving family and I believe eggs is an ingredient which you can use to create many delicious, healthy and nutritious meals for your family. Feel free to use any kind of eggs - chicken eggs, duck eggs, salted duck eggs, century eggs, quail's egg or even fish eggs. You can also link any bakes which uses eggs (ie it is NOT necessary for eggs to be the main star).



A large chicken egg typically contains 72 calories (17 calories in egg white, 55 calories in egg yolk) . Eggs contains lots of vitamins and minerals, and the nutrients in eggs can play a role in weight management, muscle strength, healthy pregnancy, brain function, eye health and more. Eggs also contain the highest-quality protein found in any food and provides the energy families need to perform their best on important days. You can read more about eggs here.

My Top 3 favorite egg recipes of all time are: Spaghetti with ebikko and soft boiled egg, Bacon egg toast cups, and Devilled Eggs/Cheesy Creamy Boiled Eggs with Dill. Since I am a big fan of eggs, you can find many other egg recipes under the Label:Egg. Feel free to check them out and be inspired to cook a healthy egg dish.

Here are also some useful guides on how to cook (click on link for step-by-step instructions):
A. Poached egg - whirlpool method, cling film method, using very fresh eggs
B. Soft boiled egg (or half boiled egg as known in Malaysia)
C. Fried egg
D. Hard boiled egg

Chicken's egg, quail's egg, century egg and salted duck egg


Please feel free to post as many recipes as you like - as long they contain eggs and they are posted in the month of August 2013. Simply link them up below. Please mention Little Thumbs Up in your post and also provide a link back to Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY and Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out. Lastly, have fun and have an egg-cellent time cooking for your family ;)


The linking tool will be available from 1st August 2013 to 31 August 2013 (11.59pm).

If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! Thanks ;)

51 comments:

  1. Eggs eggs eggs...yeehaaaaaaaa! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jozelyn for your support!Great to see your first post up so soon. :)

      Delete
  3. So many different type of eggs! I love all of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cook more eggs in your weekend kitchen, yea? ;)

      Delete
  4. I am egg-static and eggs-cited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Baby Sumo, egg-cellent event. Happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amelia! Am sure we will have lots of fun.

      Delete
  6. can do so many foods with eggs, wait for me ya..hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't make me wait too long yea.. ;) Hehe, look fwd to your posts.

      Delete
  7. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comAugust 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM

    Wow, this is really egg-citing and have been egg-y since yesterday as I have posts ready to be shared to all my dearie blogger friends. Good theme for the month of egg-th as I am one crazy egg lover and I can eat eggs every day without getting bored! Happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comAugust 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM

    Just linked my step-by-step homemade salted duck eggs. Hope you all like it. Happy Egg-citing month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivy! Now I am tempted to make my own salted duck eggs too.

      Delete
  9. Can I link my today's post to LTU too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please! Any bakes with eggs are allowed :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Yen :) Already submitted my link to LTU.

      Delete
  10. Hi Yen, As promised, I've just link my eggy post & it's one of my favorite way of eating TELUR! LOL Have nice day ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kit for your support! Lovely telur dish indeed!

      Delete
  11. Hi,

    I jus linked up & have followed ur blog. Hope u follow me back.. Will come back with more post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Priscilla, thanks for linking your posts to LTU! I am already one of your followers :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Yen! What a fantastic start to the LTU event! :D

    Wait for my first egg-tion soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comAugust 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM

    Just linked my 2nd post to LTU :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linked my post. Will link next post too with proper mention of LTU :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Yen
    I'm sharing a three-type-eggs combination dish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Yen, Posted No. 25. There is a (x) beside the number, hope it is nothing wrong. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Yen, sharing my little chicken biscuits on LTU. Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comAugust 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM

    Just linked another post, Fragrant Snake Gourd Egg for the Egg-cellent event :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Yen! Submitted my first entry! Let me think of few more interesting egg recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Yen,
    Sharing a lime curd recipe today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Yen,
    Sharing my Frangipane Nectarine Tart today!
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I have tried to comment but no comment box is appearing although I have clicked refresh page many times. Sorry for not being able to drop a comment. But your tart looks beautiful, like a rose!

      Delete
  22. Hi,

    Did another creation today, Brinjal dish for kids..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Yen,
    Wow, what a great party!
    Sharing some florentines today!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, I've just submitted my first EGG entry, post #121. Eggs are so versatile. There are many ways to make something out of an egg. Gotta get some more posts out, if time permits... :-D
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for linking and looking fwd to see more of your "egg" posts ;)

      Delete
  25. Hi Yen,
    I'm sharing some choux doughnuts today!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, another post from me - my "dirty dozen wholesome omelette" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Yen, there was a problem when I posted my Pumpkin Bread in the 1st time so I have to delete & redo again. Is that a way you can delete my link for Entry #166? The link that is working should be Entry #167. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning Yen,
    I've linked up a Mac and Cheese post!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Yen, just in time to celebration Malaysia National Day and your eggs event closing. 10 general ways of cooking eggs. By end of this post, I almost died of high cholesterol! Ha-ha. Have linked up . Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Yen,
    I just uploaded my cream puffs recipe today. My first recipe is #74 (coffee butter cake), and now I am #224, wow so many recipe entries within a month! :)

    cheers,
    Miss B @ EEWIF

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Baby Sumo, thanks for hosting this wonderful LTU Egg theme. It's great fun understanding and knowing how much an egg can brighten up our food table. Will definitely bookmark this post for reference.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This must be the biggest event ever! Almost 250 submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Baby Sumo, what a great number of submissions for this Egg theme. Can imagine how useful is the egg. Let's don't waste it but treasure it.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...