Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Gantetsu Hokkaido Ramen, Isetan Eat Paradise, 1 Utama

I automatically turn to Japanese when it comes to deciding what to have for lunch. I had Ichiro in mind, but kids wanted ramen (again!) so we decided to try out Gantetsu, which is also located in Isetan Eat Paradise. A long time ago, I tried Gantetsu in Changi Airport, Singapore and that time I had their signature Hokkaido miso and enjoyed it.



I ordered the Hokkaido King Charshu Tonkotsu (RM27.90) which came with thick noodles, wood ear fungus, spring onions, 4 thick slices of charshu and egg, in a tonkotsu broth. The tonkotsu broth here is not as thick and rich as Menya next door, however it is still flavorful. However, I thought the pork charshu tasted pretty bland and the egg was not a flavoured egg as advertised (just an ordinary boiled egg) - fortunately it was nice and runny. Nevertheless, still a good bowl of ramen which we enjoyed.





Baby C had the Kids Set 1 (RM14.50), which came with a small bowl of ramen with half an egg, wood ear fungus, as well as 3 piece of fried chicken (karaage), a bottle of Vitagen and jelly. Hubby had the katsu curry rice (RM22.90), which according to him is tasty.




Sweet Phone



Price: Total bill RM80.55.

Location: Gantetsu Hokkaido Ramen, 2nd Floor, Isetan Eat Paradise, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, 1 Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama City Centre, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. (near Isetan Kids Department)


If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates. Thanks :)

1 comment:

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...