Monday, May 16, 2016

Nana's Green Tea, The Gardens Mall, KL

I've always been curious as to what they serve in Nana's Green Tea as we would often walk past the shop and there would be a long queue outside. To our surprise, they do a really affordable set meals, whereby you can choose 1 main dish + 1 drink for RM21.90 nett (available weekdays 10am to 7pm, as well as weekends 10am - 5pm) - the menu comprises of 18 main items to choose from and 11 drink choices. 




Our drinks - mummy's matcha latte (matcha green tea with milk and sugar), Baby D's hoji latte (hoji roasted green tea with milk and sugar), and Hubby's cafe latte. I enjoyed the matcha latte a lot. The drinks are normally priced at RM11.50.



I went for the salmon don, which comes with generous thick slices of salmon sashimi, served over warm millet rice, and garnished with nori (seaweed), spring onions, sesame seeds, pea sprouts and pickled ginger and a blob of wasabi on the side. An appetizing dressing is also served in a mini jug, which you can pour over the rice. All the mains come with a miso soup, but I found it to be slightly on the watery side though.





Hubby's chicken katsu curry, again served with warm millet rice. I tried some of the curry sauce and it was good. The chicken cutlet itself looks a bit red, however Hubby said it's cooked thoroughly upon trying it so we're not too sure why the meat is that colour.


I will remember this day because it is the first time Baby D independently picked a dish from the food menu he wants to eat. And he ate most of it. So proud of him! He ordered the tori soboro don, millet rice topped with marinated minced chicken and Japanese style poached egg. I did try some of the meat and it was pretty flavorful. 




Set Meal Menu, available every day of the week

Pork-free.

Opening times: 10am to 10pm daily.

Price: Total bill RM65.70

Location: Nana's Green Tea, Lot 231A, Lower Ground Floor, The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel:03-2386 6036


If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates. Thanks :)

5 comments:

  1. The Every Day Set Meal is a value deal indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like nana's green tea! I really mean those green tea drinks... haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meals look great! And I'm actually loving the green color! I'm always up for some green tea too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love places with these sets at bargain prices. Sometimes, going a la carte, one may feel the pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is one outlet at 1-U. After seeing the dishes that they serve, I must go try one day!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...