Sunday, October 22, 2017

Fook Wei Noodle House, Cheras, KL

Growing up, wantan mee was my favorite noodles. I still derive great pleasure whenever we come across a good plate of wantan mee.

We first noticed Fook Wei Noodle House Enterprise, when we were here for lunch. Found out that they serve wantan mee, so I was excited to go back to try! We arrived slightly after 12 noon, and it was lucky that we were a few minutes early, as the char siew (BBQ pork) sold out shortly after. The siew yok and curry chicken was also sold out!



Hubby was keen to try the curry sauce, so we asked if we could have char siew noodle (RM8.90 for large) with curry sauce added on top. They obliged and didn't charge us extra for the sauce. Meanwhile, I had the normal char siew wantan noodle (RM6.90 for small).

The noodles were nicely presented and looked mouthwatering. First bite and I was already liking it a lot. The noodles were lovely and springy. The char siew was pretty decent too; fair fat proportion with a nice sweet glaze. Even the wantans were plump and juicy.



Hubby enjoyed his char siew wantan mee with curry sauce too, the curry sauce was thick and fragrant (OK I stole a few bites of his as I figured he needed some help finishing his big plate of noodles.. LOL).



Other accompaniments you can choose for your wantan noodles are pork belly with fungus, roasted pork (siew yuk), braised chicken feet with mushroom, dumpling, curry chicken, curry pork ribs, and fishball.

Service is prompt and not having to wait 30-45 minutes for our noodles to be served is definitely a huge bonus in my books.  I can envisage myself coming back here again for my wantan mee fix.



******

We returned for the Roasted pork (siew yuk) noodle (RM8.90 for medium). The savouriness of the roast pork is a great match for the wantan noodles (with added curry sauce). The siew yuk had a nice balance of lean and fat proportion, with thin, crispy crackling.

You do have to come early if you want the siew yuk as they usually sell out on weekends by 11.30am.





Opening times: 8.30am to 3pm. Closed on Mondays.

Price: Total bill RM17.80

Location: Fook Wei Noodle House Enterprise, No. 122, Jalan Cerdas, Taman Connaught, Cheras, 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Street parking RM1 per hour)



If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. I have in recent times started to really appreciate noodles (I was more of a rice person) and places like this is right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...