Thursday, June 15, 2017

Village Park Restaurant - Famous Nasi Lemak in KL

Nasi lemak is undoubtedly one of my favorite Malaysian dishes. For me, a great plate of nasi lemak should consist of rich, fragrant rice, sweet-spicy sambal and crispy, juicy fried chicken.

Village Park Restaurant is often touted as having the "best nasi lemak in town".  During our staycation at Somerset Damansara Uptown, we ensured that we explored the eateries around the area and made it a point to come here.



We arrived before the lunch peak, so we got a table easily. Other than nasi lemak, they also offer other dishes such as nasi dagang, Penang prawn mee, Singapore mee rebus, lontong, soto ayam etc.


Menu


We all went for the same thing - the famed Village Park Nasi Lemak, which comes with ayam goreng (RM10.40). Have to say - it looked good, it smelt good and it tasted good. I especially like the rice, which is nice, fluffy and fragrant. The sambal was also excellent, though I did find it a tad spicy. And the fried chicken was juicy and crispy... definitely worth all the calories. In fact, we ordered an extra piece of chicken for the kids.






The kids also shared Roti Bakar with Kaya and Butter (RM2.80), and 2 half boiled eggs (RM2.50).





Overall, we enjoyed the nasi lemak, which is definitely deserving of its fame.

Opening times: Mon-Sat 7am-7.30pm; Sun & PH 7am-6pm.


Location: Village Park Restaurant, 5, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. (Park in Starling Mall)

Tel: 03-7710 7860

GPS Coordinates: 3.137849, 101.623312

If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. ooo, i didn't know village park has an extensive menu like this ... i wonder how's the prawn mee, assam laksa and mee rebus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this place and I always wonder exactly how lemak the rice is - I love it very very very lemak, very generously strong with the fragrance of santan (coconut milk) and pandan. I've been trying those here all over town, none that is really to my satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...