I had a red cabbage sitting in my fridge, so I decided to make apple slaw again for dinner. And I thought, why not cook some oven-roasted pork ribs to go with it?
These sweet and sticky pork ribs are easy to make - ask your butcher to cut it into individual ribs for you and marinate for at least 6 hours (or preferably overnight). Then, simply arrange them on a tray and roast them for about 50-60 minutes, until it is cooked through and slightly charred in places. Our family enjoyed this thoroughly; both our kids had 2 ribs each and kept singing praises of how delicious it was! The apple slaw went extremely well with it. A great dinner, indeed!
Sweet and Sticky Pork Ribs
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 50-60 minutes
1.5kg pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
For the marinade
2 tbsp oil
4 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp ginger wine
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
4 tbsp honey
1/2 cup light soy sauce
A pinch of chilli powder
A pinch of dried cumin
1. Place all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix well.
2. Clean and dry the pork ribs, then place in a large zip lock bag. Pour the marinade into the bag, then toss the ribs to ensure they are evenly coated with the marinade. Marinate for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C (roast mode).
4. Line a baking tray with foil and then arrange ribs in a single layer on the tray. Place in preheated oven and cook for 50-60 mins, until the ribs are cooked and slightly charred in places.
5. Serve warm with apple slaw.
*I am submitting this to LTU: Honey - March 2016, hosted by Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY and Joyce from Joy 'N' Escapade.
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates. Thanks :)