Monday, July 7, 2014

Recipe: Chicken wings on the BBQ

It is BBQ time, and on our menu this evening, we have grilled fish, king prawns, steak and of course, chicken wings! I think I've finally perfected the chicken wing marinade recipe - everyone seemed to enjoy the wings very much and was asking for more.

Chicken wings on the BBQ

For the marinade, I used a mix of light soy sauce, olive oil, fish sauce, coarse black pepper, brown sugar and gula melaka syrup. I had run out of honey, and hence replaced it with gula melaka syrup and it turned out great. What you get are sticky, well-marinated wings .... hard to stop at one for sure.  :)

So, what food do you love eating most at a BBQ?



Our BBQ menu.... hand drawn by Hubby

Chicken wings on the BBQ
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Makes 10

Ingredients
10 chicken wings

For the marinade
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tbsp coarse black pepper
1 tbsp gula melaka syrup
1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt

1. Place all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the chicken wings, and toss to coat. Leave to marinate for at least 6 hours.

2. Heat the barbecue. Cook on the barbecue for about 20 minutes, until a skewer goes all the way through and the chicken is slightly charred in places.

Note: You can replace gula melaka syrup with honey too.


If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Yen! Wah, BBQ complete with a colourful menu :) I must try your chicken wings recipe. I have to say that my fav would be what else....chicken wings hah...hah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBQ chicken wing is one of my fav..
    yummy yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind me we have so long did not have family BBQ like this, hehehe.. Your BBQ chicken wings sound really good !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like going for a BBQ party now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fish sauce eh? sounds like an interesting choice for marination, and i like the addition of gula melaka instead of the usual honey :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Wings are my favourite ever cut of chicken! I'd love these :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your home made menu! Those wings look so good.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...