Sunday, December 1, 2013

Baby Sumo's Christmas Recipes Collection 2013 + Edible Christmas Tree

Tis' the season to be jolly...

Christmas is undoubtedly my favorite time of the year. For us, it is a celebration of love, family and good food. Hence, for the next two months (1 December 2013 - 31 January 2014), I will be posting some of my favorite Christmas recipes and also invite you to share your Christmas recipes here too with us all.


To join:
1. Simply cook any Christmas recipes, be it traditional or something you would usually serve during Christmas in your home. Give a brief description on the relevance of the dish to you for the Christmas season.
2. Your post must be current, ie posted between 1 December 2013 and 31 January 2014.
3. Please mention "Baby Sumo's Christmas Recipes Collection 2013" and link back to this post here. eg. I am submitting this to the "Baby Sumo's Christmas Recipes Collection 2013" event which is hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.
4. Come to this page and link your recipes below.

Thank you and looking forward to your Christmas posts here :)

For more Christmas inspirations, do follow my "Christmas Recipes" board on Pinterest.

 *****************

For my first post, I would like to share a simple idea on how to make an edible Christmas tree.  This would make a great centerpiece at your Christmas dinner or party you are holding, and best of all, you get to eat it afterwards.

Edible Christmas tree - pretty and healthy ;)
A brilliant creation of Baby Sumo's Hubby

What you need:
For the tree - Sugar snap peas, split in the middle 
For the baubles - Cherry tomatoes
For the base - Homemade hummus - recipe here
For the top - A star or fairy. I used a dried flower from my potpourri jar (non-edible)
A large wooden board

Decorate as above photo on the wooden board. To eat, dip the sugar snap peas in hummus. You can also prepare other vegetable sticks such as carrots and celery.

Note: To make the tree entirely edible, you can use a slice of starfruit for the top of the Christmas tree. :)



28 comments:

  1. Not bad at all! Ur hubby so creative la! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. christmas is my fave season too ... good cheer! :D love hubby's edible christmas tree ... it's super-cute and looks really fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yen,
    That is very creative of your hubby, looks cute and so festive!
    Will be making something to link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun to take part. Hope I manage to make something n share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! And so healthy for the kids (and adults) too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this edible Christmas tree! hehe...so creative and beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yen,
    Your edible Christmas tree is so cute!
    At first I thought your star is a rose onion until I read your "what you need' then I know it's a dried flower.

    Will cook sometime to join the fun here :)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so creative! Thanks for letting me know about this, will do something Christmas-y soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting this event :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yen,
    I'm sharing a roasted chicken for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Yen
    Thanks for organising this. The collection of all Christmas recipes is so meaningful.
    Mine is on the way ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty edible Christmas tree....drooling over all the postings now...hope I can join in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Yen,
    I've linked a cookie post. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Yen,
    I'm sharing BG chicken wings today! Great for a Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting blog. I would like to follow this blog. Could you please post more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Yen,
    I've linked a bundt cake post! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Yen! Just added my caramel sauce recipe! Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Yen,
    Christmas Log for Christmas!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yen,
      Can you please delete my link no. 83, image does not show. I will link again! Sorry for the inconvenience! Thank you!

      Delete
  19. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Yen! Tell your two little sweeties to be very very very nice to mummy... says auntie Zoe :D

    Wishing you all the best and also a happy 2014!!!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Yen, I have linked a Christmas scones post. Thanks for hosting this event!
    May you have a blessed Christmas and happy holiday seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Merry Christmas, I've posted a simple recipe - Fruit Cake

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Yen,
    I've made some Tiramisu for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Yen,
    I'm sharing a chocolate cheesecake today!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...