Sunday, February 14, 2021

How to Cook Steamed Fish Chinese-Style

I've been getting lots of DMs on Instagram for steamed fish recipe (especially when I share pictures of the steamed fish that we have during Seafood Sundays). So, we made a recipe video on how to steam a whole fish with soy sauce, Chinese-style.

Steamed fish with soy sauce




For this recipe, I have used a whole threadfin fish (also known as senangin or ma yau). The weight after gutting is around 500g. I recommend steaming a whole fish of this weight around 12-15 minutes... to test if it's ready, use a skewer or chopstick, and poke the thickest part of the fish and it should go all the way through easily. Happy steaming!

Click here to watch the video on YouTube ;)

Ingredients
1 whole fish, around 450g-500g, cleaned and gutted
2 slices old ginger, about 1cm thick
1 inch old ginger, julienned
2 tsp ginger wine
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
White pepper
Spring onions, for garnish

1. See video for instructions.


If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
steamed fish recipe steamed fish recipe steamed fish recipe steamed fish recipe steamed fish recipe steamed fish recipe steamed fish recipe steamed fish recipe steamed fish recipe steamed fish recipe
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or subscribe to our YouTube channel.Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy steamed fish but my girl prefers it deep-fried. We had the latter for our Reunion Dinner with sweet and sour sauce - in my blogpost today!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...