Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lunch @ Hit & Mrs, Bangsar, KL

We have been wanting to do lunch at Hit & Mrs for ages, and finally found time to do so last week. We've had quite a few good dinners here, so expectations were high.

For lunch, they do a 3-course Business Lunch Menu for RM55++ (or 2-courses for RM45++). And during our visit, we had the whole restaurant to ourselves... nice! ;) The lunch menu can be viewed here.


To start, Hubby had the 63°c Sous Vide Egg served with sabayon, potato, crouton and puffed buckwheat. The egg was perfect and everything just went so well together - I kinda regretted not ordering this! I had the Roasted Pineapple Salad which consisted of cucumber, pomelo, green mango, peanut and ginger flower dressing. It's fresh and appetizing, with a hint of spiciness. Oh, and every set comes with either ice lemon tea or coffee.



Hubby 1 - Yen 0


For main course, Hubby went for the vegetarian option - Butternut Pumpkin Risotto with truffle paste and pumpkin seed. It was a huge, generous portion and very very nicely executed. I kept stealing spoonfuls across the table. For me, I had the Pan Seared Trevally Fish with tomato, leek, celery, carrot and clam emulsion. Presentation was very nice, and I especially liked the crispy lotus root chips on top. The fish was nicely cooked, but I found the sauce to be slightly too tangy for me, especially for such a delicate fish.




Hubby 2 - Yen 0

And for desserts, Hubby had the Coconut Espuma with passion fruit compote and mango granite. Sour, sweet and creamy, Hubby thoroughly enjoyed this. I had the Baba Au Rhum with vanilla chantilly, hazelnut tuille and nutmeg ice cream. When this arrived, we both immediately said "I see faces!" Don't you think it resembles Elmo from Sesame Street? For this round, I think I will declare my dessert the winner. :P




Hubby 2 - Yen 1

We heard that they have recently started doing a daily changing menu at dinner time, so we'll be back to check that out (soon hopefully!).



Pork-free.

Opening times: Tue - Sat 12pm-3pm (Lunch) 7pm-11pm (Dinner).Closed on Mondays and Sundays. Bar is opened from 5pm-1am (Tue-Sat).

Price: RM55++ per person for 3-courses.

Location: Hit & Mrs, 15 & 15A, Taman Weng Lock, Lorong Kurau, 59000 Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 03-2282 3571

GPS Coordinates: 3.122706, 101.670629


If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)

6 comments:

  1. Generous servings for a multiple course lunch! This place sounds like it is just as good as when I was there...and the setting is so quirky and cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Must KIV this place, many nice places coming up in Bangsar, it seems. Regaining its past glory as the place to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe what a cute score system. We always share everything so I don't know how we could keep score! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, think I ought to try this place!! Close to home, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious food and company! WHen we meeting up. IT's bee ageesssss! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...