Sunday, December 26, 2010

Seremban Makan Trip, Part 3: Wah Heng Roast Duck & Siew Yuk

The following morning, I was in a dilemma. What to eat for breakfast? It was a toss between roast duck or curry laksa. It was a tough decision, but in the end the roast duck prevailed.

Since moving to KL, we haven't found any roast duck to our liking, apart from Four Seasons in Empire Subang. So, I was craving for some good duck, so we headed to Wah Heng which serves the best roast duck in town in my opinion. Since I have blogged about this duck before, I will keep it short and you can read my previous blog here.


We ordered RM10 roast duck breast and RM10 siew yuk (roast pork) and I ate most of it. The roast duck here is nicely deboned so it makes eating a lot easier. Oh my God, I miss the roast duck here so much... with its glistening crispy skin and succulent meat, it's no wonder the duck here is one of our favorites. Although this is the best roast duck in Seremban, I think I have to present the best overall roast duck title to Four Seasons and this comes a close second.



We also love the siew yuk here, so flavourful and the crackling is just awesome.


We also ordered a wantan mee with sui gao (dumplings) from the noodle stall. I literally grew up eating these noodles. Springy and delicious and the sui gao had the lovely crunch from the yam beans (sengkuang).




Needless to say, I've put on some weight from the Seremban trip, but it was well worth it. If only I had more tummy space, I would have definitely tackled a bowl of curry laksa too!

If you ever find yourself in Seremban, do give the roast duck here a try. Do leave a comment if you prefer this over KL's version.


Opening times: 7am til 3pm. Closed on Mondays.

Price: Duck rice (RM4.00), chicken rice (RM3.50), char siew rice (RM3.80), siew yuk rice (RM3.80), whole roast duck (RM42.00), whole roast chicken (RM30.00)

Location: Kedai Nasi Ayam - Itik Wah Heng, Restoran Haup Huat, Jalan Tuanku Munawir, 70000 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan. (a few lanes away from Pasar Besar Seremban)

GPS coordinates: 2.728625, 101.936367

7 comments:

  1. I don't like eating duck. Not because it is not delicious. It is because it is too addictive and I cannot stop my chopsticks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle: Do you have a particular shop you like in KL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roast duck with crispy skin :)

    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you & your family ~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choi Yen: Merry Xmas to you and your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a regular at Empire but even so, I've been to Four Seasons only twice =.=

    ReplyDelete
  6. zoe: so, do you like four seasons?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I like Four Seasons :) But there are also a few other options at Empire, so we'll just pick one according to the mood of our stomach that night :P

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...