I made a simple salad from zucchini, edamame and rocket leaves with a honey-balsamic dressing to go with the lamb cutlets. Baby new potatoes, boiled and then seasoned with some salt, pepper and butter also goes well with this dish.
Another great dish to serve during the festive season!
Recipe Vlog can be viewed here. Do subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more cooking videos.
Here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas from BabySumoFamily! Enjoy this joyous period with your family and friends xoxo
Lamb rack with baby new potatoes and salad
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 22-25 minutes
450g rack of lamb
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
A knob of butter
12 baby new potatoes
1-2 tbsp butter
Dried herbs such as parsley
For the salad
1 small zucchini
A large handful cooked edamame
A large handful rocket leaves
For the dressing
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 160C (roast mode).
2 Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Season the lamb rack with salt and pepper. Once the pan is hot, place the lamb rack in the pan and sear for 2 minutes each side. Add a knob of butter while cooking.
3. Transfer lamb rack to a oven-proof tray lined with foil and pour over pan juices. Place in oven and cook for 16-18 minutes for pink centre, or 20 minutes per 500g plus another 25 minutes (to serve lamb thoroughly cooked). Remove from oven and rest for 2-3 minutes.
4. Place onto chopping board and cut between the bones using a sharp knife.
5. Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 15-20 minutes. Test with a fork or knife, when ready the knife should go through easily. Drain and then add butter and season with dried herbs, salt and pepper.
6. For the salad: Use a peeler and peel the zucchini into long thin strips. Place in a bowl with the edamame and rocket leaves. In a small bowl, place the dressing ingredients and then mix well. Pour over the salad just before serving and toss well.
7. To serve, place 3 lamb cutlets on the plate, along with the buttered baby new potatoes, and salad.
Note: In KL, you may get lamb rack in supermarkets such as Bens Independent Grocer, Village Grocer, or Jaya Grocer.