All you need to is 4 ingredients and 20 minutes of your time. Melt the butter (or margarine) and then mix it with the oats and sugar, pop it in the oven and they're ready!
When they're out of the oven, the biscuits look like they're covered in syruppy caramel and when I took my first bite later on, they indeed had a nice toffee taste to them. They're nice and crunchy too, what a lovely treat!
They're so yummy, we finished ours on the same day. But no problems, since it's so easy to make, you can always make another batch :) This is one recipe you can try making with your kids too!
Devilishly good, and so addictive!
Whole Oat Crunchies
Recipe by Baby Sumo, slightly adapted from Delia Smith's Complete Cookery Course
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
50g rolled oats
60g instant oatmeal
70g soft brown sugar
110g margarine or butter
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan.
2. Line a 11 x 7 inches (28x18cm) baking tin with baking paper.
3. Place rolled oats, instant oatmeal and sugar in a bowl and mix well with a spatula.
4. Melt the margarine or butter in a pan. Once melted, pour it into the bowl with the oats and sugar, and mix until well incorporated.
5. Pour the mixture into the baking tin, and then gently press with your fingers so that it is evenly distributed.
6. Bake in the centre shelf for 15 minutes, or until pale golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then cut the biscuits into 12 portions while it is still warm.
7. Leave in tin until cold and crisp before storing in an airtight container.
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)