Friday, November 5, 2021

How To: Renew Your Malaysian Spouse Visa (LTSVP)

If you're a Malaysian citizen looking to extend your spouse's visa (also known as LTSVP - Long Term Social Visit Pass), you've come to the right place. We recently went through the renewal process and would like to share some of our observations/tips to make your renewal process a smooth sailing one. Please note that this is based on our experience during the Covid-19 pandemic at the Ibu Pejabat Imigresen at Jalan Duta and may change now that we are in endemic stage.

For those with a valid (not expired) social visit pass, you may apply online via ePLSI (I've shared the step-by-step instructions here).

Before the visit

You will need to make an appointment on the Official Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia website using the Sistem Temujanji Online (STO), aka Online Appointment Application. *website updated 2.0 version: http://sto.imi.gov.my/STO/home.php

Slots are limited and new dates are released two months in advance (ie a booking made on 30/10/21 will be for an appointment date of 30/12/2021). 

New dates are released at midnight daily. I tried for a whole month before I managed to secure an appointment. To increase your chances of getting an online appointment, you will need quick typing skills or have the auto-fill function activated so you can fill in the form quickly once the appointment date is made available at midnight sharp. 

For Kuala Lumpur, here are the selections you should make:


If your appointment is successful, you will receive an email confirmation. You should print out the confirmation and bring it with you on the day of your appointment. 

Once you have secured your appointment, please visit this page to check the required documents for the application. Please print out and fill in the Borang Imm.55 and Borang Imm.38 before your visit. For the third item (Statutory declaration of marriage), print out, fill in the details and affix passport photos of you and your spouse, but do not sign until you are in the presence of the Commissioner for Oaths. 

Other documents to prepare: Birth certificate for children (if any), marriage certificate (overseas/local),  your IC, and your spouse's passport. Make photocopies and also bring original on the application day. 


On the day

Both husband and wife need to be present for the application.

The main gates open at 7.15am. If you arrive early, do park your car at the left side of the road leading to the complex and once they open, you can proceed to the car parking inside the complex.

Mask up and join the queue to get into the complex. The doors will officially open at 7.30am. Scan in using MySejahtera. If you're uncomfortable queuing, just wait for 10-15 minutes in your car and the queue would have subsided by then.

Our first stop was the Commissioner for Oaths to get our "Surat Akuan Sumpah" notarised. There are quite a few of them stationed at this complex; so the process is quick. You will be asked to sign the document in his presence, and pay RM8 for his services. 

Next, proceed to Level 1 to the Immigration Pass office. Join the queue and get your documents ready along with your appointment slip for a pre-application check. The officers will check that all your documents are in order and will issue you with a number. It is important that both husband and wife is present here. 

Once you have been issued a number, only your spouse would be allowed to enter the offices. You will no longer be required, so either wait in the car or go home/to work. 

My husband was the first applicant of the day, so he got seen immediately. Once you have submitted your forms, wait in the waiting area until called for payment at the cashier. The cashier was opened at 9am during our visit.

Payment can only be made using credit or debit card, so make sure you have one of these. The visa will cost RM90 per year. 

Once payment is made, wait to be called for passport collection. Hubby got his passport back around 9.45am. Check your visa details and you can leave. Remember to check out from MySejahtera when you leave the building. 


Hope the above is useful to anyone planning to make a spouse visa renewal. If you have any questions, you can post them in the comment box below and I will try to answer them if I can. 

If your spouse visa has not expired, you can also check out how to apply online via ePLSI (step-by-step instructions).
Spouse Visa Renewal Malaysia Spouse Visa Renewal Malaysia Spouse Visa Renewal Malaysia Spouse Visa Renewal Malaysia Spouse Visa Renewal Malaysia Spouse Visa Renewal Malaysia

If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or subscribe to our YouTube channel. Thanks :)

20 comments:

  1. I guess this would be useful for people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful for a lot of people I bet! I wonder if it's the same for male vs female.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your detailed information.
    However , where do we go to get an appointment please?
    Is there a link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I stated the website above... use their STO platform. http://sto.imi.gov.my/STO/home.php

      Delete
  4. Hi . My Visa already expired and didn't do online renewal. Can I still renew if I walk in? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have asked one of the branch officer, u can still renew visa without penalty provided u show them u have booked the appointment before expiry date.

      Delete
  5. appointment slot in putrajaya, kl, shah alam hard to get.
    for spouse visa renewal, can try imigration at port klang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I have 2 questions, hope you can help. Thank you.
    1. Can my husband apply for Multiple entry visa for LTSVP? (he was granted single entry for his 1st LTVSP application)
    2. Can we do LTVSP extension after the pass has expired?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jay, I'm not sure which country your husband is from, so I can't really answer your question.
    However, my husband has a multiple entry visa under LTSVP so do check with the Immigration dept on this.
    If the pass has expired, you can make an appointment (using their STO website as above), and then visit their offices on the date of your appointment to renew. Do check their websites for any changes to procedure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I using sto website to made appointment,but can't find extension Ltvp sector

      Delete
  8. Hi Jay ,

    My LTVP expired on 29 April however my given appointment date is on 26 May. Do I have to make a new application?.

    By the way , I've already submitted my on extension application on linebin Feb..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi can't find extension Ltvp in the sto website?

      Delete
  9. Hi Jay, if his existing spouse visa issued by Immigration Johor and now he is working at KL. Can he renew his spouse visa at Immigration Putrajaya?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you lodge the documents online before the appointment? I can't see the link you used to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I renew the LTSVP two months berfore it expired - there is an appointment open on that day ( 25/07/22 ) my LTSVP will expire on the 25/09/22

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the help. Just made my appointment for July 28, the day before my visa expires. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi, need help...
    my wife from china, and I already renew my VISA thu online, and payment already make.
    now need to make appointment from STO to get the visa sticker and paste at my wife passport. I have no ideal which one to choose for urusniaga. now I choose first choice " PERMIT MASUK ARAS 1" have to wait 2 month

    anyone can help advice for this one.....please

    ReplyDelete
  14. is the renewal LTSVP for 1 year? and is it for single entry or multiple entry?

    ReplyDelete
  15. My father is 87 year old singaporean and married to his 68 year old malaysian wife. He is wheel chair bounded. He was holding the LTVP for many years before this. In Dec 2019, he was ill and I send him back to Singapore for treatment which in turn he was held there because of the PKP. Last weekend I brought him back here to Malaysia as he and my foster mother wanted to come back and live in their own home rather renting a house in Singapore. How to renew my dad’s spouse visa now. Does he has to book an appointment or walk in to the immigration office?

    ReplyDelete
  16. how early we can apply visa renewal before expried

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...