Thursday, September 28, 2017

2017 Mooncakes @ Shanghai, JW Marriott KL

Mid-Autumn Festival is one of my favourite times of the year as I love mooncakes and the salted egg yolk gems that are often hidden in them. This year, JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur have cleverly designed the box to be repurposed as a jewellery box; after the mooncakes have been enjoyed, the box is perfect for storing your gems.




Not only do we love their packaging, we really like the range of baked mooncakes that we tried too. There are ten varieties of baked and four snow skin mooncakes to choose from. We had their classic selections such as Baked white lotus paste with single egg yolk and Baked green tea paste with single egg yolk as well as the slightly more unusual Baked pandan with pineapple paste and Baked bamboo charcoal paste with salted egg yolk.



Shanghai Restaurant's mooncakes are handmade and contain no preservatives, hence they must be eaten within 3-5 days of purchase. We are partial to thin skins when it comes to the baked variety, so Shanghai's scored high points with us. What really stood out for us were the salted egg yolks; they were salty and moist, the best amongst all the mooncakes we've tried this year. Hence if you're a fan of the salted egg mooncakes, this is definitely the one to get.







It was Chinese New Year all over again for Baby D as he indulged in the Baked pandan with pineapple paste as it reminded him of his favorite CNY cookie, the pineapple tarts ;)



There are 3 different box designs on offer - the Shanghai Elegance (with 4 mooncakes- RM178), Shanghai Splendour (with 6 mini mooncakes - RM98 for baked and RM118 for snow skin) and Shanghai Opulence (with 6 mini mooncakes in premium packaging - RM136 for baked and RM178 for snow skin). I love the classy Shanghai Elegance jewellery box in gorgeous red.




To place an order, please call +60 3 2719 8288 or email shanghairestaurant@ytlhotels.com.my. These mooncakes are available until 4 October 2017.

Location: Shanghai Restaurant, First Floor, JW Marriott KL, 183 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 03-2719 8288

If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. I just bought a box of 4 for my mum, one of the better-known West Malaysian brands, plain lotus paste and I spent RM90.00 on that. No, I did not buy any for myself. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not bought any for myself yet. I always stick to me favorite flavor-pandan LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...