Sunday, February 7, 2016

Our 2016 CNY Reunion Dinner + CNY Snacks

Hello everybody! How did you spend CNY eve this year? As usual, we would head back to my grandparents place for the reunion dinner... look at the reunion feast that we had! Yum :)



As we come from a Hokkien family, the must have dish is pork trotters with sea cucumber... I love this! We also had a fish maw with mushroom stew,  stir fried leeks with tofu pok, stir fried kailan, a prawn dish, fried chicken (for the kids), siew yuk (roast pork), and roast duck which we will have with the longevity noodles. Every year, my aunt will also make the pig's stomach soup as she knows I love it! :)





BabySumoKids with their second cousin :)


And after-dinner snacks... fried ngaku (arrowhead chips)


Seaweed chips


Fried crabstick... they're all so addictive!


My favorite of all...prawn crackers! A whole tub just for me.... lol just kidding!


Have a great CNY celebration! Gong Xi Fa Cai! (watch #Babysumokids CNY greeting video here)





If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. Yen, Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family! What a lovely spread of delicious homely food you had for the reunion dinner. I noted that you guys had noodles instead of rice to go with the dishes. Every dish looks so tasty! And the snacks, wow! Non stop munching hah..hah..

    ReplyDelete
  2. By looking on your CNY reunion cooking, make me drooling just in front of my computer hahahaa some more the snacks that you showed here OMG all my favourites too LOL I wish this good monkey year will bring joy, happiness, good health and good luck to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...