Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kaiseki @ Fukuya Japanese Restaurant, Jalan Delima, KL

I can't believe that after all these years, I have not taken Hubby to Fukuya Japanese Restaurant in Jalan Delima for their kaiseki lunch. He's had a good meal at Fukuya KLIA and I myself have eaten in this restaurant a few times and enjoyed it, so I was confident that he would love it as much as I did.


Fantastic kaiseki meal at Fukuya KL :)


Since we made a last minute reservation, we were seated at the sushi bar since the restaurant is fully booked. It sure is good to see this restaurant doing so well!

Fukuya's specialty is the Kaiseki menu which consists of fresh seasonal ingredients (air-flown fresh from Japan twice a week) paired with artistic presentation. The food is prepared according to the strictest traditional methods. The mini kaiseki, served at lunch is priced at RM65++ per person and consists of an appetizer, soup, sashimi, grilled dish, simmered dish, fried dish, shokuji and dessert. It is served course by course, though at times, it came out a little too quick for our liking.


A kaiseki meal sure is a feast for the eyes and palate. Even though I've eaten the kaiseki here a few times, I still feel impressed every time the dishes come out. Like this appetizer - WOW is the word to describe it. In the centre is their signature uni (sea urchin) tofu, surrounded by other delicious bites such as fried fish, eggplant, salmon roll and grilled scallop.



Ah sashimi, my favorite course - thick, fresh slices of salmon, tuna and hamachi (yellowtail). More please :)



Premium chawanmushi - so so smooth, delightful to savour.

Grilled cod with mayo sauce- so happy that today's fish is cod. Topped with the mayo sauce, it was moist and flavourful. I really enjoyed this!


These came out together - crispy tempura, wrapped in shiso in a light batter, miso soup, simmered chicken with radish, and rice with salmon flakes.



Loved this! 




Sushi bar action


Fresh melon for dessert

It was a great lunch for sure, this certainly will not be the last time we'll be visiting Fukuya :)


Opening times: Monday to Saturday; Lunch 12.00 pm - 2.30pm, Dinner 6.30 pm- 10.30pm. Sundays 6.00pm - 10.00pm.

Price: RM65++ for mini kaiseki, available Mondays to Saturdays.

Location: Fukuya Japanese Restaurant, No 9 Jalan Delima, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (next to Levain Boulangerie and behind the Indonesian Embassy)

Tel: 03-2144 1022

Website: http://www.fukuya.com.my/

GPS Coordinates: 3.145626, 101.72061


If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)

6 comments:

  1. sea urchin tofu sounds fabulous, and i love the look of that thick slab of cod fish too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yen, what a feast! But seems to be very small servings. I might still be hungry after all that hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presentation sure looks from the regular Japanese places?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the main difference is that it is a multi-course Japanese meal. :)

      Delete
  4. It has been so long since I had a kaiseki meal, you've reminded me how grand they are! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...