Monday, May 23, 2011

Lunch and Flavoured Ice Floss @ Babylon Restaurant, Jalan Jati, Kuala Lumpur

We returned to Babylon Restaurant merely a week later, since our guests enjoyed their first meal here. Personally, one of the things I like best here is the service - ever so friendly and efficient. Since our usual table was occupied that day, we sat in the main area on a large marble table and when we were waiting for our food, I looked down and saw the price tag... RM198,000!! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Posh dining eh!


Chandeliers



Origami and a glimpse of the RM198,000 marble table from Germany


The set lunch menu here changes daily, so you can expect to see something different on the menu here everytime you come. Since we love the salads here, my mum and I ordered the Balsamic Glazed Squid with Mesclun Greens. Just look at the portion, really generous amounts of beautifully cooked squid. I was most surprised that Baby C loved it so much too. Our other guests are not accustomed to eating squid so they had the Brocolli Cream Soup, which they commented was really creamy, rich and delicious.


During our last trip, we weren't served any complimentary bread but this time, we were served some warm pita bread.


For our mains, we had the Braised Lamb Shank served with basmati rice and a side salad. I love lamb shank and man, the lamb shank here was really delicious! Tender meat and again, a very generous portion. Even the basmati rice was really good, as it has been cooked with some butter making it extra fragrant. If I ever see this on the menu again, I would order it in a heartbeat. One of our guests decided to have the penne pasta with chicken ham, which turned out to be nicely prepared too.



Baby C demonstrating how good the lamb shank is. A picture never lies!



For desserts, my mum had the Chilled Cream Cheese Cake (RM7.90) which we were informed was complimentary when we were paying the bill. Thanks Babylon! Rich and decadent cheesecake served with strawberries and peaches, and strawberry ice-cream.


During this visit, we were offered an ice-cream menu - it is a confection called ice floss. I believe it is from Taiwan. The manager, Ed explained that it was similar to our local ais kacang, except that they use flavoured ice. It comes in several flavours such as milk, chocolate, lemon, strawberry, green tea and durian. Sounded really interesting, so we decided to give it a go. And boy, was I impressed!



I had the Lemon Flavoured Ice Floss (RM6) and the flavours were tangy and really appetizing! It was topped with orange segments and some little balls, which I was told was similar to nata de coco. It's really fun as it pops as you place it in your mouth. I would liken this to eating a sorbet. Baby C really enjoyed this very much, we ended up ordering an extra bowl which she shared with my mum. This would abslutely be perfect for a hot day, which we've been experiencing a lot lately!


Two of our guests had the Strawberry Flavoured Ice Floss (RM6).


Being greedy, I ordered another ice floss, the Milk Flavoured (RM6) one. It was pretty good, but not as outstanding as the lemon flavoured one. Prices range from RM6 to RM8.60 depending on what flavour you go for.


To read about my previous visit, click here.

Opening times: Daily from 11.30am - 1.00am.

Service: Good.

Price: RM25+ for 2-course set lunch. Set lunch only available Monday to Friday.

Location: Babylon Restaurant, No.32 Jalan Jati, off Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 03-2142 9720

GPS coordinates: 3.14642, 101.71961

Website: http://www.babylonkl.com

11 comments:

  1. was there last week! gotta blog bout it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ai Wei: Oh cool! Me too! Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygosh, that table costs more than my apartment! much more, really! :D
    and they're really putting lotsa effort into diversifying the food, rite. western, middle eastern and now taiwanese! it's like global cuisine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Lemon Flavoured Ice Floss looks like something that could cheer up my rather hot afternoons... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sean: I don't believe you :P And yes, I'm really liking the food here - always welcome new tastes and flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LFB: Is your office anywhere near to this place?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy that Max's place has a new look! Need to come here soon as the food looks good and is still pretty affordable. thx for jogging my memory;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They purposely not removing the price of the table eh, ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. its the place where you can feel home a way home

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES!!!YES!!! Babylon restaurant is a fantastic place! I cant forget this Christmas Eve in Babylon restaurant. The feeling is so comfortable, relaxable but full of exciting atmosphere! Great Shesha is out for times that night. I like to celebrate event in Babylon restaurant~

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...