Fish head curry is a very popular dish in Malaysia. Tastes yummy and very easy to cook!
Fish head curry
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves 3-4 people
1 large sized red snapper head
A few pieces of fish meat
1 brinjal / aubergine, cut thinly
2 onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
4-5 cloves of garlic, diced
5-6 tbsp Curry powder (I used Baba's brand. Add more if you like it spicier)
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 cups water
A dozen stalks of curry leaf
Salt to taste
1. Place the oil, garlic and onion into a pot. Fry in low heat until garlic turns golden brown.
2. Add curry leaf and curry powder and fry for 1 - 2 minutes.
3. Then, add the water and bring to boil.
4. Add fresh tomatoes, brinjal, and fish head and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
5. Add the fish meat and salt to taste and cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. Serve with boiled rice, cucumber and a boiled egg.