Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wagyu Burger with Foie Gras @ DISH KL

Pure decadence...

Gourmet Wagyu Burger with Foie Gras - BEST in KL ;)

Last week, I took one of my best friends, Steph to DISH KL for lunch to celebrate her birthday. Chef Steve came out to see us when we arrived and since I had already tried their current set lunch menu (same menu as previous week at time of visit) he asked if it was okay if he served some of his new creations (mostly not yet on the menu) for me to sample. Oh, YES PLEASE!

Instead of the eggplant fritters, we were served the complimentary bread with some sweet potato croquettes with Parmesan and turkey ham. 



This is on the current a la carte menu but it was my first time trying it. The pumpkin soup with Parmesan, mushrooms and truffle oil (RM22) was rich and creamy. The meaty shitake mushrooms and croutons gave the dish a little texture. A great tasting soup!



The next dish served to me was scallops! Yay my favorite :) This may be a new addition to the a la carte menu, pan seared scallops with grilled balsamic watermelon and shitake mushrooms. The watermelon goes very well with the scallops. And why does grilled fruits always taste nicer?



Everytime we visit, it's great to know that Chef Steve uses lots of local produce here at DISH. I think people should lose the preconception that local is inferior and instead look at it as sustainable food/cooking. I loved the red emperor fish ceviche served with pink guava (jambu air, a local fruit) and horseradish granita. The red emperor (part of the snapper family) is a local fish and was undeniably fresh.


Am not sure if it's a coincidence, but both scallops and foie gras in the same meal is VERY IDEAL for me ;P  When the wagyu burger with foie gras was served, my jaw almost dropped when I saw the size of the foie gras. Maybe I should call it foie gras with wagyu burger on the side. Hehe. This has got to be the juiciest, most delicious burger I've ever eaten. The patty was moist and the luscious foie completed it. This may also be put on the a la carte menu, and I keep telling Chef Steve that he has got to! Everyone that I've shown the photo of the burger to has commented how gorgeous it looks! (Note: The wagyu burger has now been added to the a la carte menu - available for RM89)


Phwoarrrr check out the foieeeee!


This photo is dedicated to Devil,  fellow foie lover ;)


For dessert, I picked the cold chocolate fondant  with poached mango and pineapple and yogurt sorbet (RM21). Rich, smooth and  fabulous.



My friend had items off the set lunch - she picked the roasted quail, steak and green guava crumble. You can read more about it here.


Roasted quail with potato salad, mustard mayonnaise



Chargrilled grass fed striploin, mushroom duxelle, spring onion and potato puree



Green guava crumble, caramel ice cream

Verdict: Did I like all the off-menu dishes that Chef Steve prepared for me? OH YES I  did! I still can't get the wagyu burger with foie gras out of my head ;P


To read my previous review on DISH, please click here, here, herehere and here.  Full set of photos available to view on my Facebook page.

Pork-free.

Opening times: Lunch 12.00 - 2.30pm, Dinner 6.00 - 11.00pm.

Service: Good.

Parking: RM5 flat rate.

Price: RM65++ for 2-courses, RM75++ for 3-courses. Set lunch changes every 2 weeks.

Location: Dish, Dua Residency, Lot 1.1, Ground Floor, Dua Annexe, No. 211 Jalan Tun Razak, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-2164 1286

GPS Coordinates: 3.156971, 101.720803

Website: http://dishfinedining.com/

22 comments:

  1. Yen, when are you going to take me there? My turn to buy you lunch. I am drooling here. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried imagining getting the Wagyu burger to fit my mouth...how did u managed to eat it?...haha :P

    The Red Emperor Fish ceviche looks like an intriguing dish with lots of different flavours in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it is a mini version, but still it was quite a tall burger. I had to cut it up a little to fit it into my mouth.LOL.

      Delete
  3. I want to try the pan seared scallops with grilled balsamic watermelon and the wagyu burger foie gras burger! Can't wait to see that in a la carte menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I knew you would like those two dishes!

      Delete
  4. Gosh! The burger!!! So much meat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe considering I just had 3 courses before the burger, yeah it's quite a big patty!

      Delete
  5. I'm a weird person, I don't like foie gras >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one time, I didn't like foie too, then I ate it at Sage KL and was converted instantly! There's many ways foie can be prepared, just need to find one that you like best :)

      Delete
  6. The presentation of their food looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omigosh. i'll just add one more reason why that foie gras-wagyu burger looks so great: there's more meat and liver compared to the bun! i tend to usually not finish the bread in my burgers anyway, but i ALWAYS finish the patty! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah! You are right, Sean. I commented to my friend that I loved it cos the patty and foie was huge and bun is little. But the bun is also homemade, so actually it tastes good too.

      Delete
  8. Phwoarrrrrrrrrr Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr formerly known as Foie Gras !! Chef Steve "I want one"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if you ask him nicely, he will make you one too :P

      Delete
  9. Look like you had a great time, nice foods!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beef and foie gras - always a good combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I still can't get over how big the foie was! (compared to db's foie burger!)

      Delete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...