Spaghetti is high on the list for "BabySumoKids Favorite Foods". They always smile widely when they see it on the dinner table. A couple of weeks ago, we got this squid ink spaghetti (from here) which I cooked for dinner, but I was a little worried at first that the kids may not be able to accept it due to its colour. Fortunately, after a little persuasion, the kids tried it and loved it as much as the normal spaghetti. In Baby D's words, "it tastes just as good, it's just a different colour". :)
I paired my squid ink pasta with prawns, crispy bacon, basil, cherry tomatoes and finished it off with a touch of truffle butter (from here). Truffle butter is my new favorite butter now, omaigod it's so good with everything! :)
Squid ink pasta with prawns, bacon, cherry tomatoes and basil
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 2-3 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
150g squid ink spaghetti
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
15-20 prawns, peeled and deveined with tails intact
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
6 rashers streaky bacon, sliced
1 tsp white truffle butter (where to get)
4-5 sweet basil leaves, chiffonade
1. In a pot of salted water over medium high heat, cook the spaghetti for 7-9 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large frying pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil and then add bacon. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, until the bacon is crispy. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the garlic to the pan, and saute for 1 minute, until lightly golden. Add the prawns and cherry tomatoes, and saute for 1 minute.
4. Add the pasta, as well as 2-3 tablespoonfuls of water from the pasta pan. Then, add the white truffle butter (or truffle oil) and toss well. Season with salt.
5. Serve immediately. Garnish with sweet basil leaves.
Note: If you do not have truffle butter, either use salted butter or white truffle oil.
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates. Thanks :)