Let's welcome the Year of the Goat ;)
How to Make Gold Fish 金 鱼 using Angpow Packets
What you need: Red angpow packets, Scissors, Stapler
Optional: Googly eyes, Glue, Ribbon
1. First, cut off the flap end from the red packet. Fold the red packet into half, then cut along folded line. You will have two squares to make 2 fish.
2. Take one square and fold into half to form a triangle. Using a scissors, cut along the folded line to the centre. You will also need to cut the sealed sides. Also, on the opposite end, cut out a small diamond shape for the mouth.
3. Cross the two sides to make your tail. The centre of the fish should be puffed up on both sides to get a nice 3-D shape. Staple the tail to hold it's shape. If you like, you can stick on a googly eye just above the mouth.
4. Cut a length of ribbon or strip from angpow paper and make a loop and staple to top of the fish. You can now hang this fish anywhere in your home.
How to make a Chinese red lantern 灯笼 from angpow packets
What you need: Red angpow packet, Scissors, Stapler, Red thread.
1. First, cut off the flap end of the red packet. Fold it in half lengthwise, then using your scissors, cut thin strips from centre until about 1cm from the top. Repeat for the whole length.
2. Open the red packet and then bring both ends together, bending slightly and then staple to hold shape. Cut a strip of red angpow paper, and then stapler to the top for the handle. Also, cut a length of red thread and tie ends, now you can hang this anywhere you like in your home.
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)