Quick and healthy mini vegetarian pizzas
In our home, we enjoy making our own pizzas - in the past we have always used tortilla wraps as a base for our pizzas... quick and easy! This does require a little more work and time but still it is one of the easiest pizza dough you can make from scratch.
So what you'll need are two ingredients - self-raising flour and Greek yogurt. And lucky for me, I also have the assistance of a cute mini chef, Baby D. Simply mix the ingredients together to get a workable dough, then roll it out. No proofing required!
We decided to make 4 mini vegetarian pizzas - two of them topped with cheese, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves from the garden, and another two with cheese, zucchini and homemade pesto. Then, simply bake them in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
And what you get are pizzas which are soft, fluffy and delicious. Baby D loved it so much that he wants to make these again this week.
Look at how soft and fluffy the pizza dough is!
Now that you've got an instant pizza dough recipe under your repertoire, you can top them with any toppings which you like and throw a pizza party at home ;)
Love that we can make pizza dough from scratch in under 30 mins. And it's so easy, even your kids can make it.
Two-ingredient instant pizza dough
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-18 minutes
Makes 4 mini pizzas
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1. Place 1 cup of flour into a large bowl, then make a well in the centre. Add yogurt and then mix with a wooden spoon/spatula until you get a dough.
2. Gradually add more flour until you get a workable dough. The dough should not be sticky and comes away easily from the side of the bowl.
3. Dust your work surface with some flour, then roll out into a large round for large pizza or cut into several small rounds for mini pizza.
4. Top with preferred toppings and bake in a preheated 200°C oven for 15-18 minutes.
Note: You can also make your own self raising flour - ratio is 1 cup plain flour + 2 tsp baking powder.
Mini vegetarian pizza
1 quantity instant pizza dough (as above)
4 tbsp tomato paste/puree
Lots of mozzarella cheese
6-8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
1/4 zucchini, sliced
Fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp homemade basil pesto (see recipe here)
1. Roll the pizza dough out and using a round cookie cutter, cut into 4 mini pizzas. Place the dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
2. Using a knife, spread the tomato paste/puree onto the pizzas. Top with generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
3. On 2 pizzas, we topped them with cherry tomatoes and another 2, we topped them with sliced zucchini and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with some salt. Bake in preheated oven (200°C - no fan) for 15-18 minutes, until the cheese is lightly golden.
4. For the cherry tomato ones, garnish with torn basil leaves. For the zucchini ones,top with a dollop of homemade pesto each. Serve immediately.
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)