Thursday, July 19, 2012

Perfect 10 Menu @ Enju & Tai Zi Heen, Prince Hotel KL

Happy 10th Anniversary to Prince Hotel KL...

To celebrate their 10th anniversary, Enju and Tai Zi Heen restaurant in The Prince Hotel & Residence KL have created two signature menus showcasing 10 items each (8 food dishes and 2 drinks). Priced at RM10++ per dish, The Perfect 10 Menu allows diners to sample some delicious creations at these two restaurants from 18 July to 18 August 2012 (both lunch and dinner). 



Enju is the hotel's casual Japanese restaurant serving modern Japanese cuisine. There is a sushi bar, a la carte dining areas as well as private tatami rooms.


We enjoyed five dishes from Enju, and they were all very delicious. Most of them items can be found in the a la carte menu. I especially liked the Phoenix maki,  tuna, cucucmber and spicy mayo wrapped with salmon, avocado and tobiko. Did I also mention how attractive the colours look? For RM10++, I thought this was very good value for money.


The kani kyu is made using fresh crabmeat (crabs sourced from Europe), and then wrapped with a crunchy Japanese cucumber. Nice textures here.


The ebi no cheese yaki is a little messy to eat with your chopsticks, so don't be shy to eat it with your fingers! The cheese-crusted grilled tiger prawns were finger licking good, literally. In case you're wondering what the white stuff is, it's salt (purely for decor).


The gyuniku hasamiyaki was one of my favorite dishes, two tender pieces of teriyaki glazed beef sirloin layered with deep fried eggplant. Really good. 



I noticed that the dessert had some "green fruit" in it, which I suspected was kiwi. The chefs happily made me another portion without the kiwi (thanks chef!). The tofu cheesecake was very light, I liked it a lot. The pairing with fresh fruits and strawberry coulis was refreshing and tangy.



The three other dishes available at Enju are ebi age sarada (fresh field greens topped with deep fried prawns and herbal dressing), vegetarian maki (rice roll with fresh field greens, pickled cucumber, and crispy tempura flakes with miso dressing) and santen mori somen (three types of chilled thin somen noodles served with bonito sauce and fresh fruits).

In both restaurants, Prosecco Di Conegliano from Veneto, Italy and Tiger Beer by the glass are available for RM10++ each. The Prosecco was palatable, easy to drink and actually went well with the Japanese food.


Prosecco Di Conegliano

After sampling the five dishes from Enju, we moved on to more delicious food at the hotel's award-winning Chinese restaurant, Tai Zi Heen. For this 10th anniversary, Chef Michael Wong has created a special, brand-new menu featuring eight dishes.

The steamed Shanghai dumpling (xiao long bao) was quite big, filled with crabmeat and superior stock. It was nice, but I told chef that I would have preferred 2 smaller ones since I like to pop the whole XLB in my mouth. It's just a matter of preference.



Chef Michael's dishes are always very nicely presented, be it with vegetable garnishes or fresh herbs. The chilled poached prawns with fresh mango salad was colorful and yummy.



The stuffed duck galantine was interesting - slices of duck thigh is filled with glutinous rice, salted egg yolk and is served with a sweet barbecue sauce. I particularly liked the crispy duck skin.



Nice "tree" decor carved out of cucumber


Chef Michael explains that the kwai fei chicken is a dish that was served to the Emperor of China during the olden days. The marinated chicken thigh is steeped in a herbal stock until cooked and then topped with dried scallops and served with a ginger and scallion oil. For me, it resembles pak cham kai with the similar, lovely smooth texture. Both Hubby and I liked this dish a lot.

Chef Michael with the kwai fei chicken



The spinach tofu was memorable too, as it contains one of our favorite ingredients - white truffle oil! A bite and we were sold. It was served with braised morel mushroom and steamed brocolli.



Other dishes from The Perfect 10 Menu at Tai Zi Heen which we did not sample are crispy spring rolls with chicken floss and spring onions, pan fried crispy beancurd skin roll with prawns and cheese and crispy prawn, chicken ham and coriander roulade.





The full menus for this promotion 



*The Perfect 10 Menu is available for both lunch and dinner from 18 July until 18 August 2012. All items are priced at RM10++ each.

Full set of photos can be viewed on my Facebook page here.

Pork-free.

Opening times: Lunch; 12.00 pm - 2.30pm, Dinner; 6.30pm-10.30pm.

Location: Enju & Tai Zi Heen, Level 2, Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur, 4 Jalan Conlay, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 03-2170 8888

Website: http://www.princehotelkl.com

GPS Coordinates: 3.150179, 101.714516

24 comments:

  1. ooo, i really like the look of the japanese menu, especially the crab-cucumber combo. but best of all, RM10++ for prosecco?!? if it's unlimited orders for the bubbly, i'd just keep ordering the entire night! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there is a limit on the alcohol, so drink away! :)

      Delete
  2. It's the Japanese menu for me too...gonna order my fav somen, the gyuniku hasamiyaki and the tofu cheesesake!...hahaha =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice... the phoenix maki also good, can try that!

      Delete
    2. Haha...tat was my reserve choice...just in case I m still hungry after the first two...always have a secret compartment for dessert...hehe =)

      Delete
    3. Haha you are like me then... got special compartment for dessert :P

      Delete
  3. Yen you are speedy with your blogging! Lovely pictures from last night, and it was lovely to see you as always :) I think the chicken and the beef-aubergine combo win by prizes...although everything was good, and such great value for money, especially the Prosecco! (I was hoping a second glass would come around...) See you soon hopefully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sarah, good to catch up with you. I also enjoyed the beef-aubergine combo... hehe you should have asked for a second glass of Prosecco.. I'm sure they would have obliged.

      Delete
  4. I's love the ebi no cheese yaki, I'm sure...and oooo!!!! Stuffed duck galantine!!! I want!!! Duck with glutinous rice, oh me oh my!!! Bet that's simply out of this world!!! Yummmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you must be a big duck and prawn fan huh! But usually I'm lazy to eat prawns in restaurant unless my hubby peel for me :P

      Delete
  5. The japanese menu looks enticing. hehee. The cucumber and crab roll sounds like something for this hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For those who wanna try Enju's food, this would be a good time, since RM10 per dish is really reasonable.

      Delete
  6. Hi, another enticing meal... now I am thinking of Japanese for dinner after seeing your pictures! Mich@Piece of Cake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of cold somen now cos I didn't get to eat that yesterday. ;P

      Delete
  7. This is such a good deal! Def need to go there to satisfied my Jap carvings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I've just eaten dinner, this looks so yummy and made my mouth water! the big XLB looks interesting but I'm like you and like to pop the whole thing in my mouth :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The XLB is so BIG! @.@
    the stuffed duck galantine seems interesing because I like glutinous rice and salted egg :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... maybe the angle of the photo. It's size of 2 (maybe 2 1/2) of the normal XLB.

      Delete
  10. they make me soooo hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not get credit for the lighting
    So sedihhhh (T.T)
    Thank you for the lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Opps sorry Zhamir, I genuinely forgot!

    Hey everyone, meet Zhamir, my lovely lighting assistant ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...