Thursday, March 15, 2012

Anniversary Lunch @ Sage Restaurant & Wine Bar, The Gardens Residences Kuala Lumpur

What a wonderful lunch...

I see pate en croute... and truffles too..
I see warm fedelini.. for me and you..
And I think to myself... what a wonderful lunch...

I see colours of pink.. on my Angus beef...
Beautiful mille feuille... makes my heart skip..
And I think to myself... what a wonderful lunch... 

(adapted from Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World)

Pate en croute of duck with seared foie gras and black truffle shaving


Back again at my favourite restaurant, Sage. We actually ate here sometime ago, but because I have blogging Sage quite a lot, I thought I'd better give it a rest so my dear readers don't get bored reading yet another lunch review of this restaurant. But if you have an afternoon to spare sometime, you need to come and eat at Sage to understand why I love it so much!

Our anniversary this year fell on a Sunday hence we celebrated elsewhere first, then came to Sage the following week. Double celebration! Yay.  Hubby, knowing how much I love Sage, made the smart move of bringing me here. Good husband!

We were feeling greedy, so instead of the 3-course set lunch we upgraded to 4-course (just pay an additional RM20 on top of the set lunch price) with 2 appetizers, mains and dessert. As always, it always a delicious lunch with good service and also had a little chat with one of my favorite chefs, Chef Daniel afterwards. 

We started off with the pate en croute of duck with seared foie gras and black truffle shaving. The mention of black truffle shaving already makes this sound so luxuriously good. While it may look pretty humble, slice into the crumbly buttery pastry and inside you will find juicy tender duck meat. (Oh man, my stomach is growling as I write this) Simply gorgeous.




The warm fedelini pasta was served with seasonal shellfish and baby spinach. Not sure what the sauce is (presumably seafood stock) but it made the pasta taste super yummy. There were 2 big prawns, squid and scallops.


Although Sage is not a steak restaurant, they do the steaks very well here. Always cooked to a perfect medium for me, the grilled aged angus beef with fricassee of mushroom and Pommery mustard was absolutely scrumptious.


I still remember the first time we ate at Sage and we were served a wonderful strawberry mille feuille hence I was excited to see that they were serving mille feuille for dessert again that week, but with mango and homemade Cointreau ice cream. Pretty? YES. Delicious? Absolutely!


Mille Feuille of Mango Fruit with Homemade Cointreau Ice Cream




Full set of photos available to view here.

Opening hours: Lunch:Monday to Friday 12.00pm to 2.00pm; Dinner:Monday to Saturday 6.00pm to 10.30pm. Closed on Sunday.

Service: Excellent.

Price: RM100 nett. 10% off with The Gardens Club card.

Location: Sage Restaurant & Wine Bar, The Gardens Residences, Level 6, The Gardens, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-2268 1328

Website: http://www.sagekl.com/

17 comments:

  1. so have you achieved VIP status at sage?

    i didnt know we can pay another rm20 for another entree, is that open for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I wish there was such a thing as VIP status at Sage. I would be their Lifetime member haha.

      Yes, it's available to all. I learnt about it from PA. But 4 courses for me is too heavy since I eat quite a lot of bread at Sage.

      Delete
  2. Hey didn't know about the lunch upgrade option! 4 is definitely better than 3! :-D Can never tire of Sage... reminds me, been too long since I treated myself to lunch there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I knew about it for a while, but have never ordered 2 appetizers. Btw, another tip for you, they also have a lovely seaweed butter that you can request for.

      Delete
  3. arghhh! i'm dreaming now of an all-you-can-eat brunch where there's only one thing on the menu: pate en croute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was dreaming about it last night too! (That'll teach me not to blog before bedtime)

      Delete
  4. It's been too long since I've made a visit. Their lunch menu is so much more affordable than dinner but it's hard to get over there during the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lunch here is pretty affordable considering the quality ingredients served.

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary to Baby Sumo & HB ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I would like to sing together...
    what a wonderful lunch... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mille feuille is the bomb! i had it with truffles. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mille feuille and bavarois are two of my fav desserts at Sage.

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you both!

    And I would do the same to go back since the food looks fabulous in each post! The Duck en croute had me salivating badly.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy anniversary:D

    never realised the upgrade. i will be heading in to celebrate in 3 weeks time. told the hubster that and he smiled "OK...since its cheaper than where I intended to bring you". alamaks...

    ReplyDelete
  10. you never fail to make me envy you enjoying all those yummy food T_T

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...