Monday, July 4, 2011

Macarons & Cakes @ Delectable by Su, The Gardens, Kuala Lumpur

I wished for a macaron place to open in The Gardens Mall.

My prayers have been answered. I can now get gorgeous macarons from Delectable by Su.

After a failed attempt to get my hands on them, I was delighted to see them in the shop window when we visited yesterday. The macarons came in three flavours; salted chocolate, caramel latte and marmalade. We decided to go for the salted chocolate.



Caramel latte, salted chocolate and marmalade



The macaron was nicely packaged in a clear box with a Delectable bow. Top marks for presentation.


They were not kidding when they said it was a giant macaron. Look at the size of it! Fits in my palm. Priced at RM10 each, some may think it's expensive but trust me it is not, considering the size (3x your usual macarons) and good quality ingredients used.



A pretty shade of pink, the macaron here passed all my expectations of a good macaron. I love the texture of it, slightly chewy in the centre with a crunchy shell. The dark chocolate ganache filling was not too sweet either, however I couldn't detect any salt at all.


Light and airy, smooth domed top and ruffled circumference


What a beauty



I am absolutely delighted to be able to get my hands easily on macarons at Delectable by Su since I had to go all the way into KL city centre before if I wanted macarons. Can't wait to try the other two flavours. :)




Other than the macarons, I also adore the 7 Sins of Chocolate (RM12). Chocolate lovers should not miss this. A well balanced cake/ dessert in terms of sweetness and texture. Absolutely heavenly!


Truffle pearls + crunchy cocoa nibs + cocoa powder + Gianduja + mousse + cake + dark ganache = chocolate heaven.



Location: Delectable by Su, Lot S213, Second Floor, The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur. (Robinsons side)

Tel: 012- 508 1855

Join their Facebook page here.

13 comments:

  1. ooh, interesting flavors. i'd go for either salted choc or caramel latte too.
    i wonder if it's more difficult to make a large macaron compared to a regular-sized one. but the box is a good idea ... it helps to prevent the macaron from getting squashed out of shape when we take it away! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waahhh...looks so nice. I like the packing. So neat. Thanks for sharing. I will buy it when I visit Pavilion or Gardens on my next visit to KL. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean: The whole process of making a macaron IS difficult.. hehe, I dont think I'd ever be able to make a perfect macaron. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa: You're welcome. Hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh, i wan this giant macaroon. it is really very big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ai Wei: One of the best macarons in KL. :) You should definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle: Well, to be fair, Hubby and I shared 1 of these macarons, so in effect I only had 1 - 1 1/2 of a macaron. Tastewise its very good and not too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tried Nathalie's (finally!) so my next place is Delectable Su's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HUGE indeed. Yeah .... wouldn't mind paying RM10 for that gigantic piece of decadence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That shop is gorgeous! need to visit it! thx for the find, baby sumo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Baby Sumo,
    Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks.
    P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love her 7 sins of chocolate too! :D and also her Whipped by chocolate. I must go try her macaron next time!!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...