Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Whisk Expresso Bar & Bake Shop, Empire Shopping Gallery, Subang Jaya

After lunch at Four Seasons, I was craving for some desserts. I have read good things about Whisk Expresso Bar & Bake Shop, and it was conveniently located just a few shops away from Jaya Grocer.



The cafe is rather small, but very cosy and quaint. Luckily for us, the place wasn't packed (apparently it is very packed during the weekends). Whisk offers both sweet and savoury bites, but I was just interested in getting some desserts.





Being a weekday, there was still a large selection of cakes available. Since I've read many rave reviews about the Red Velvet Cake (RM11.90) here, we decided to try this. Apparently, this cake is one of the bestsellers at Whisk. The cake was moist enough but I would have preferred it with a thicker layer of cream frosting.




The owners love macarons hence the reason for introducing them at Whisk. The macarons here are so popular that they usually run out by late afternoon. We were able to sample 3 different flavours; pistachio (pale green), blackberry (purple) and pina colada (beige). The macarons were light and airy enough with a crisp shell and chewy filling. Off all the flavours, I liked the pistachio the best. The other two flavours did not have any distinct taste. The macarons here are pretty tiny, and sell for RM2 each. They also have large macarons at RM5.50 each.



Service: Good.

Location: Whisk Expresso Bar & Bake Shop, LG 03A, Empire Shopping Gallery, Jalan SS16/1, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Tel: 03-5022 2060

GPS Coordinates: 3.082033, 101.583200

21 comments:

  1. i love this kind of bake shop. but then this is soooo far awayyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subang = not my area T_T

    Anyway, my mom and her friends tried My Preference Kitchen. Not bad and prices are good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there once to try out the famous Red Velvet. Their coffees are pretty good too. I like the place but it is kinda small which is virtually impossible to get a seat during weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess what i like best about this place is the warmth and genuine smiles radiating from its owners :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cafe too! Felt so warm inside, like a cafe at some back street. Their chocolate macaron is the best-seller, sold out all the time! I tried once, it was very good! Try it next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Empire is full of place to eat, am still trying to check out many more eateries here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no coffee? heard from a friend that the coffee is half decent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do suggest you to drop by The Vanilla place which better than this place in terms of pastries.

    The big macarons there just cost RM4.50

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder when can I have my virgin try on macaron ler >.<

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ai Wei: Yeah, just happened to be at Subang that day if not I would not go all the way there too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. jfook: Haha macarons are nice ma.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle: Glad your mum liked My Cantonese Preference, very handy for them when they're lazy to cook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sean: Yeah the owners are very friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. zoe: The main purpose was to try their macarons, but unfortunately there was only 3 flavours available that day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chong: Yeah another friend of mine also said their coffee was good. But I dont drink coffee. :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nava: I love the Four Seasons duck at Empire. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joe: I don't drink coffee so didn't try

    ReplyDelete
  18. email2me: Yeah if I ever happen to be in Subang, would go to yr recommended place for some macarons. So far, my fav macaron place is Babycakes... only RM2.20 for their salted caramel and its soooo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Choi Yen: Oh never try macaron b4 ah? You can try Nathalie's or Babycakes - both nice ah.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to say - love their logo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...