One of the most effective method is by cooking him his favorite food. In my case, Hubby's favorite food is steak. We bought a 3.3kg slab of rib eye last weekend, and had the shop cut it into 10 pieces and had them vacuum packed individually.
For one of our weekday lunch, we made a simple and delicious warm steak salad. Steak salad is something we would order if we saw it on a restaurant's menu - but homecooked is best as you can be really generous with the amount and quality of beef that you use.
To complete the salad, we had rocket leaves dressed with a honey balsamic dressing as well as pan roasted cherry tomatoes.
Look at the glorious steak! I find that for salads, it is best to cook the steak to medium doneness, and then thinly slice it across the grain. Remember to season generously with good quality salt.
Simply toss everything together and tuck in! Simplicity at its best. And I've got one very happy Hubby... yay ;)
Warm Steak Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5-6 minutes
350g rib eye steak
1 1/2 tsp oil
50g wild rocket
8-10 cherry tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
3/4 tbsp honey
Salt, to taste
Maldon salt or fleur de sel
1. Clean the steak under running water and pat very dry with kitchen towel. Season both sides with pepper and rub with 1 tsp of oil.
2. In a large grill pan over high heat, add 1/2 teaspoon oil and wait until the pan/oil is smoking hot. Place the steak in the pan, and start your timer. Every 20 seconds, flip the steak. Cook to desired doneness - I cooked this 350g 1 inch steak for about 4 1/2 minutes for medium doneness.
3. Remove steak from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Season the steaks generously with salt.
4. Place cherry tomatoes in the hot grill pan and pan roast them for about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes until the skin is slightly blistered. Remove from heat.
5. In a small bowl, place the dressing the ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and then pour over the rocket leaves, and toss.
6. To serve, place rocket leaves, steak and tomatoes on a board. Slice steaks very thinly across the grain and then toss with the rocket and tomatoes. Serve with more Maldon salt or fleur de sel, as desired.
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)