The salted egg yolks from Toh Lee were really good!
Mini snow skin mooncakes with green tea paste and single egg yolk
Recipe courtesy of InterContinental KL
Makes 4 mooncakes
For the snow skin
600g icing sugar
300g cooked glutinous rice flour (koh fun)
10g green tea powder
For the filling:
300g green tea paste
4 pc salted egg yolk, cooked
1. Put all the ingredients for the snow skin dough in the mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes.
2. Divide the green tea paste into 4 portions and roll into balls. Make a slight dent in the ball, place the egg yolk inside, wrap and set aside.
3. Spread some glutinous rice flour on the table. Knead the dough into long strips then cut into 4 portions. Roll out the dough into circular shape and wrap the dough around the green tea filling.
4. Sprinkle some glutinous rice flour in the mooncake mould. Put in the filled dough balls and press firmly.
5. Lastly, knock it out from the mould. These can be eaten immediately or place in the fridge to chill.
*Note: I have not tried and tested this recipe yet.
Click here to read my review on InterContinental KL's mooncakes.
*This recipe was featured on Asian Food Channel's FB page on 24 Sept 2012.