Healthy, delicious prune muffins to kick start your day! Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
125ml vegetable oil
50g caster sugar
30g soft brown sugar
285g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
115g Sunsweet pitted prunes, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
3. Break the egg into a mixing bowl and beat with a fork. Beat in the milk and oil.
4. Stir in the sugars. Set aside.
5. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre, pour in the egg mixture and stir until moistened. Do not overmix; the batter should be slightly lumpy.
6. Fold in the prunes.
7. Fill in the prepared cups two-thirds full.
8. Bake until golden brown, for 20 minutes in preheated oven.
9. Let stand for 10 minutes before turning out.
10. Serve warm or at room temperature.