Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes 8 slices
1 tbsp butter for greasing
125g self-raising flour
A pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
125g soft brown sugar
100ml olive oil
125g carrots, peeled and finely grated
1 banana, roughly mashed
25g walnuts, chopped
walnut pieces, to decorate
For the frosting
4 tbsp butter, softened at room temperature
50g soft or cream cheese
225g icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2.Lightly grease a 20cm square cake tin with a little butter and line with baking paper.
3. Sift the flour, salt and ground cinnamon into a large bowl and stir in the brown sugar. Add the eggs and olive oil to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the grated carrot, mashed banana and chopped walnuts.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until just firm to the touch.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
6. Meanwhile, make the cheese frosting by beating the butter, soft cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice together in a large bowl until fluffy and creamy.
7. Turn the cake out of the tin and cut into 8 slices.
8. Spread with the frosting and decorate with walnut pieces.
Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea. :-)