The buffet is available every weekend from 12 noon to 2.30pm and is priced at RM148++ per person.
Chef Akira-san at the sushi counter
Here's a short summary of what's different / same compared to our last visits. You can read these posts here, here and here which documents our previous visits.
1. In the past, the buffet was available only on Sundays, but now it is available on both Saturday and Sundays. Reservations are recommended since it can get pretty busy.
2. More variety - lots more sushi, appetizers, dessert options.
3. Sashimi is not sliced to order, except for chutoro. In the past, you will need to place your order and wait for the chef to slice and plate it up. No more long waiting time - they are laid out nicely and you can help yourself to as much as you like! The sashimi at the counter is constantly replenished by the sushi chef.
4. Speaking of chutoro (tuna belly), it is no longer free flow and each person is limited to 3 pieces only. You will be given a token to redeem your chutoro at the sushi counter. I admit, I was a little upset at first but the really fresh (unlimited) salmon and hamachi sashimi made up for it.:)
What's the same:
1. The price - still RM148++ with free flow green tea.
2. The same great quality of food. The sashimi are super fresh and thickly cut and we love the Wagyu beef, king prawn and scallop from the teppanyaki counter too.
3. Good service - green tea refilled and plates cleared efficiently.
Chutoro.... sadly, it's limited to 3 pieces per person now
Lots of sushi, makis
Had lots and lots of sashimi... :)
Teppanyaki... Wagyu, scallops and prawns are our favorites!
They replenish this pretty often... and everytime they do, it disappears in 2 mins! :D I "may" have been responsible for some of the disappearing acts. Excellent marbling.
Wagyu teppanyaki..... so so good! Buttery-goodness!
A few desserts on offer too, my fav being the green tea ice cream.
After lunch, we stopped by at Plan B Roasters by BIG for some coffee. Affogato and double espresso.
Verdict: Totally enjoyed the buffet at Hanare. Great quality and good service.
The Hanare Japanese buffet is available every weekend from 12pm to 2.30pm. Priced at RM148++ for adults.
Price: Total bill RM515.05 for 3 pax.
Location: Hanare Authentic Japanese Cuisine, Lot G06, Ground Floor, The Intermark, 182 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2164 2133 / 03-2164 2633
Opening times: Mon - Sat 8am - 8pm. Closed on Sundays.
Location: Plan B Roasters by BIG, Lot G-03 Ground Floor, The Intermark, 348 Jalan Tun Razak, KL
Tel: 03 2161 2368
GPS Coordinates: 3.161620, 101.719670
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)