Saturday, May 10, 2014

Early Mother's Day Celebration @ Prime Steak Restaurant, Le Meridien KL

A couple of nights ago, Hubby took me to my favorite steak restaurant, Prime for an early Mother's Day celebration. We have not been here for a few months now, but I knew exactly what I wanted from the list of steak cuts available - the oyster blade (Australian certified Wagyu beef Marble score 9 and above).




To start our meal, Chef Nur specially prepared a trio of appetizers for us to sample. Talk about starting the meal on a high :) The trio included the Australian-style crab cakes served with mango salsa and garlic sauce, truffle ravioli with mushroom fricassee, and the warm portobello mushroom salad with rocket, shaved Parmesan and shaved truffle.  I thoroughly enjoyed all three appetizers, especially the warm crab cakes which was beautifully crisp on the outside.



Warm Portobello mushroom salad


Truffle ravioli


Australian-style crab cakes



For the main event, Hubby went for the 450g 120 days grain fed Australian prime rib (RM150). It was his first time trying this particular steak cut at Prime, and he was very impressed. We were told that the prime rib was first cooked sous vide and finished off on the charcoal grill. Hubby loved the charred flavor and succulent meat.



My oyster blade steak (RM130 for 220g) was perfectly cooked, cuts like a dream and tastes fantastic. As I took my first bite, it affirmed Prime's position as my favorite steak restaurant. The meat is soooooo tender, juicy and well-marbled.



For our side dish, we picked the deep-fried breaded crispy onion rings (RM12) and as the name suggests, it was wonderfully crispy. Loved it!  We also had the Roma tomato and red onion salad with sea salt and extra virgin olive oil (RM15) which complemented our steaks well.






It was a really fantastic meal, so thank you Hubby for this lovely treat! Hope all you mummies get spoilt on Mother's Day too :)




Pork-free.

Opening times: Monday to Friday: 12.00pm to 2.30pm (Lunch); Monday to Sunday: 6.30pm to 11.00pm (Dinner)

Service: Excellent.

Price: Total bill RM350. Appetizers, compliments of chef.  SPG card members can enjoy 20% discount (membership is free).

Location: Prime, 5th Floor, Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur, 2 Jalan Stesen Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 03- 2263 7555

GPS Coordinates: 3.135685, 101.686524

Website: http://www.lemeridiendining.com.my



If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)

11 comments:

  1. yay, hope you're having a great mother's day weekend with the family. it's your weekend to be pampered! take care and have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, how can I apply for the spg card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, u can either apply at Dining Concierge or via this website link: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/account/index.html

      Delete
  3. The food looks totally delicious! I really like the combo you chose and I am totally drooling now ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day! Hehe I always get secretly a bit thrilled when I see Australian products on overseas menus :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a nice meal you had! It's a wise move to go to celebrate earlier otherwise time will be wasted in a queue, isn't it? I like the Australian style crab cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks and sounds divine! Happy Mother's Day to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day!
    I want to try that crab cake too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mum's Day!!! Crab cakes for me too! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...