Sunday, March 13, 2011

Another Perfect Lunch @ Sage Restaurant & Wine Bar, The Gardens Residences, Kuala Lumpur

One of the best things about Sage's set lunch is that the menu changes weekly, hence we keep finding reasons to return to sample their new dishes. We have been repeat customers this month at Sage due to their exciting menu. Reading these three words on their menu, risotto, foie gras and lamb shank was enough to entice me here for lunch again.


Red orchids



Freshly baked bread


The Girolle Mushroom Risotto with Foie Gras and Périgueux sauce was an absolutely delightful starter. The risotto was rich and creamy with chunky bits of chanterelles. What I felt elevated this risotto dish from a homely comfort dish to a fine dining level was the addition of the gorgeous melt-in-the-mouth piece of foie gras. Simply heavenly.



Although lamb shank is served in Sage's a la carte dinner menu, I have never tried it. I love eating lamb shank, so when I saw it on the lunch menu, I had to order it. My first impression of the dish was that it tasted very Spanish. I have to admit, I have never eaten lamb shank cooked in a spicy sauce before but it was lovely and hearty, and I loved it. The spicy sausage was a nice accompaniment to the dish. Sage's kitchen had also deboned the shank for easier consumption (and nicer plating I guess).



Braised Lamb Shank with Spicy Merguez and Roasted Capsicum




The Unc had the Pan Fried Sea White Pomfret with Sea Scallop and Beurre Blanc Sauce. We were pleasantly surprised to be served with such a thick slab of white pomfret, this must have come from quite a large fish as pomfrets we have had are usually quite "thin". Sweet and fresh, it was another great fish dish from Sage. The fish was served with two juicy scallops and some kailan.


I loved the Baked Fresh Fig Tartlet served with Ricotta ice-cream. It was quite the opposite of what I envisaged it to be (in a very nice way!). The tartlet was very crumbly and utterly delicious.


Yet another perfect lunch at Sage.



Opening hours: Lunch:Monday to Friday 12.00pm to 2.00pm; Dinner:Monday to Saturday 6.00pm to 10.30pm. Closed on Sunday.


Service: Excellent.

Price: RM100 nett. 10% off with The Gardens Club card.

Location: Sage Restaurant & Wine Bar, The Gardens Residences, Level 6, The Gardens, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-2268 1328

20 comments:

  1. Nice pictures and I still haven't been to sage.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eiling: Really? You must go - Sage is one of the best restaurants in KL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding foie gras to just about anything makes it divine, ya? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LFB: Hehe you are right. I can never resist anything with foie gras in it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, i wouldn't have expected to see lamb shank on sage's menu. but looks like it's totally different from the regular lamb shank recipes elsewhere (and more tempting too!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, after Paranoid Android, you're the 2nd regular customer I think XD

    anyways, agreed with you - Sage's lunch never fail! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMOMOMOMOMOMOMO.

    Fig, foie gras, mushroom risotto and isn't that lamb?!

    T_T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sean: I think lamb shank has been on their a la carte menu for yonks, but personally I didnt think it was too fine dining hence never ordered it. I'm glad I did this time during lunch cos it was yum yum yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fui: Their menu every week looks so good, especially the starters so I can't resist going again and again :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle: Luckily for the past two weeks, their menu had some mains I've tried before so the urge to go wasn't so strong :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just waiting for the day they invent foie gras ice-cream, hahaha...

    P.S. Omigosh! I just googled "foie gras ice-cream" and found tons of links! It actually exists! How decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you and your sage, tsk tsk :P
    i've recently been and wonder whether i shud blog about it! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LFB: You know Pierre Herme has foie gras macaron right? Wish I could try that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AugustDiners: Hehe sorry! Can't help it... but I have not found any other restaurants other than Sage which can satisfy me each and every time.

    Why dont wanna blog about your recent meal? No good ah?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is Sage giving u their privilege card, hehe ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zoe: Hehe are you getting bored of me writing about Sage all the time? :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Choi Yen: I wish there was such a thing..! If I had a privilege card, I will definitely be dining here more often :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. No, of course I'm not! You just made me want to re-visit again :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Zoe: Maybe one day we will meet there :)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...