Sunday, March 3, 2019

Recipe: Braised minced pork with Chinese mushrooms

My boy likes eating his rice with soup, as he doesn't like his rice "dry". So when I don't have time to make Chinese soup for dinner, what do I do?

Make a saucy braised dish, then we can mix the braising sauce to our rice and eat it all together. Kids love this.. I know I did when I was a child ;P

This is a dish you can prepare in under 20 minutes, and the flavours are really rich and delicious. You can even add in chopped carrots and other veggies that your kids like if you do not have time to cook a vegetable dish.                         





Braised minced pork with Chinese mushrooms
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time:
Serves 4



Ingredients
350g minced pork
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, diced
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 cup water
6 Chinese mushrooms, soaked, stalks removed and diced
2 tbsp mushroom sauce
1/2 tbsp ginger wine
1 tsp chicken stock granules
1 spring onion, finely chopped


1. In a wok, heat oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and onions and saute for about 2 minutes, until onions are softened.

2. Add minced pork and brown. Once browned, add the water and bring to the boil.

3. Once boiling, add the mushrooms, ginger wine and mushroom sauce and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.

4. Season with the chicken stock granules and stir in spring onions. Serve with rice.




If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or subscribe to our YouTube channel. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. What's that by the side? Omelette with spring onions? I love that! Add a few slices of Chinese sausage to bring it to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...