Monday, October 2, 2017

Recipe: Stir fried chicken with broccoli and carrots

We spent a lot of our hours out and about during our holiday in Scotland, so by the time we get home it's usually dinner time and I just want to be able to cook something quickly, as well as nutritious to feed the kids. Stir fry dishes are so convenient and easy to cook.

This trip, we got a bottle of Lee Kum Kee Panda brand oyster sauce (yay they stock them in most major supermarkets such as Tesco and Sainsburys) and it has been so useful for me when I make stir fry dinners. One of the dishes I cooked was this Stir fried chicken with broccoli and carrots, great with some steamed rice. There's protein and there's vegetables, all in one dish.




Stir fried chicken with broccoli and carrots
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
Serves 3-4

Ingredients
250g chicken breast fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 whole broccoli, cut into florets
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
3 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 cup water


1. In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and saute for about 2 minutes, until lightly golden.

2. Add the chicken and carrot, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the meat is browned and cooked through. Then, add the oyster sauce and water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add the broccoli and cover and cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.

3. Serve with rice.




If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)

3 comments:

  1. I'd replace the chicken with some 3 layer pork :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love broccoli, can fry with prawns/seafood and I like it with beef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oyster sauce is my favourite ingredient too when it comes to chinese stir-fries! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...