Happy Halloween guys!
For Halloween this year, Hubby made these Halloween ghost and bat cookies. You can get the cookie cutters from Daiso, if I remember correctly, they also have cat and pumpkin cookie cutters. We decided to use the German cookie recipe from our blog and adapted to suit. German cookies are quite crumbly, so the idea is that it "disintegrates" and "disappears" easily in your mouth, suiting the Halloween theme well.
Here's what Baby C had to say about it:
Hello I am Baby C. I like to eat German cookies. They are yummy and soft. It is yummy when you eat them with milk. My daddy made these German cookies using Halloween cookie cutters for our dessert.Yum yum.
Happy Halloween from Baby Sumo Family (artwork credit: Hubby)
Halloween German Cookies
Recipe by Baby Sumo, adapted from here
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 15-17 minutes
Makes about 30
125g butter, softened at room temperature
40g icing sugar, sifted
125g potato starch/flour, sifted
80g plain flour, sifted
Black food colouring
White and black sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (no fan). Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the potato starch and plain flour, and mix to form a soft dough. If it looks too sticky, add a little more flour, about 1 tablespoonful. You should be able to pinch some off with your fingers and roll into a ball easily.
4. Divide the dough into half. Add a few drops of black food colouring to half of the dough and mix well.
5. Roll into balls, place on the baking tray and then flatten with your fingers. Then using the cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes (black dough for bats). Repeat until dough is all used up. Decorate with sesame seeds (use black for the ghost eyes and white for the bat eyes).
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 mins. Allow to cool on baking tray and store in a tupperware once cooled.
Note: These cookies taste best after they have been stored for at least 24 hours.
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)