I usually use O'Connor rib eye steaks and we are very happy with this cut of meat. Cooked to a beautiful medium doneness, this was tons better than the disastrous BlackmoreWagyu D Rump that we had at Prime a couple of weeks ago, and at a fraction of the price too.
Rib Eye Steaks with Fries and Salad
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
4 x 300-350g rib eye steaks (1" thick)
Freshly ground pepper
1/3 pack mixed salad leaves
For the dressing
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1. Arrange frozen fries in a single layer on a baking tray and cook in the oven, according to pack instructions.
2. Clean the steak under running water and pat very dry with kitchen towel. Season both sides with pepper and rub with 1 teaspoon of oil each.
3. In a large grill pan over high heat, add 1 teaspoon oil and wait until the pan/oil is smoking hot. Place the steak in the pan, and start your timer. Every minute, flip the steak. Cook to desired doneness - a 350g 1 inch steak will take about 4 1/2 minutes for medium doneness.
4. Remove steak from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Season the steaks generously with salt.
5. In a small bowl, place the dressing the ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and then pour over the salad leaves, and toss.
6. To serve, place salad leaves, steak and fries on a plate. Serve with Maldon salt and Dijon mustard.
Dinner Menu by BabySumoKids ;P
If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates. Thanks :)