Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Lunch @ Ben's, Pavilion KL

Most of the time when we're in Pavilion KL, we would head to Tokyo Street for ramen however Hubby wanted a change so we picked Ben's as our lunch venue. We have visited Ben's in KLCC before but it's our first visit to this outlet in Pavilion.

I always find the interior of the restaurants by The Big Group very nice and this was no exception. Tastefully done, I especially like the tall shutter doors at the entrance. 





The restaurant was pretty busy but Hubby got his order of Ben's Cheeseburger (RM25.90) within 10 minutes of placing our orders. We've had this burger before at other outlets and as always, it is satisfyingly good. Thick beef patty sandwiched between soft sesame buns, crisp French fries and an appetizing salad... ;)




And while Hubby ate, I looked through some of the recipe cards (provided by the restaurant for interested diners to take home with them). And I waited some more. And I ate some of Hubby's fries. And waited. And Hubby took his last bite of burger and I was still waiting.


Finally after 45 minutes of waiting, my Wagyu Beef Pie (RM25.90) arrived at our table. The pastry was flaky and buttery and the filling was flavoursome enough, but I don't really understand "why such a long wait" for this.





Opening times: 11am to 10pm (Sun-Thurs), 11.00am - 12 midnight (Fri-Sat)

Service: Slow.

Location: Ben's, Pavilion KL, Lot 6.11, Level 6, Tokyo Street, Pavilion KL, 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-2141 5290

30 comments:

  1. Hahaha...ur wagyu beef pie was the hot order tat day...hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't see anyone else within my vicinity ordering it also ;P

      Delete
  2. I only ate once there, it's always packed with people, I lazy to wait.. hehehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yalo.... if I knew I had to wait 45 mins, I also lazy ;P

      Delete
  3. I have not try before..
    maybe next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have many outlets around KL, can pick depending on what type of food u fancy.

      Delete
  4. nice cliks..dishes r yummy!!
    Wishing you & family a very Happy New Year !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are fast of updating your blog, already have two updates in this New Year, hehehe .Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe New Year resolution is try to post once everyday :P

      Delete
  6. Never know we can take back the recipe card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The burger looks so-so...but the pie! Why did the pastry look like that? It certainly does not look enticing but I guess at times, appearance can be deceiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pie came in two parts. I guess it's not the prettiest looking pie but tasted good.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year lovely!! :D Wow a 45 minute wait is really long! Were they baking them from scratch I wonder (which would seem quite mad, nobody would do that) or just an order error! :o It looks good but waiting so far after everyone else to eat doesn't seem very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have another outlet, which serves roasted beer-butt chicken and even that only takes 45 mins (and its stated on the menu so ppl know there is a wait). I doubt that they baked it from scratch... maybe forgot about it!!

      Delete
  9. The place looks nice! Your pie looks good, I guess it is worth the long wait? am wondering whether the recipe cards are the actual recipes that they served there!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha not really. If I knew I had to wait so long, I would have ordered something else.

      Delete
  10. I've not been to any Bens yet... :-p
    But I often see this place is crowded. 45 minutes of waiting...that's really a long wait for a pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely go to Ben's but I always go to Ben's General Food Store in Bangsar. They do very good pizzas there.

      Delete
  11. yikes, pie cooked on order? hmmm, i would definitely have stolen parts of hubby's burger if i had to wait that long, but of course, i'd share my pie with him eventually, heh :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe he did offer me some of his burger ;) And in return he got some of my pie ;P

      Delete
  12. Ben's waiting time can be long during peak hours. Haven't been to Ben's for so long. Personal favourites are the lasagna and pad thai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have tried lasagna at Ben's GFS before, that was good.

      Delete
  13. Blessed New Year Baby Sumo! Ben's Pavilion is our regular branch if we eat at Ben's. The QC and service seems better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not a big fan of Big's chain in general, the service is so-so and food is not consistent. The perils of expanding too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oo.. must check out the recipe cards... I didnt notice this before though I have been there... is it only the Pavilion branch maybe that has this?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, 45 minute waiting is way too long... They should recommend you to order appetizers or something before! The restaurant looks really beautiful and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I front ben'soutlet have a nice Taiwanese dessert shop.. Good to try

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...