Too busy to write an elaborate food post, hence sharing a very simple recipe for French Toast.
French toast, also known as eggy bread in United Kingdom is one of my favorite breakfast food. Slices of bread are dipped in a milk-egg mixture and then fried in butter until golden brown.
Hubby likes his savoury, so he tops his with some freshly ground salt and pepper. On the other hand, I like mine sweet, so I drizzle honey or maple syrup over it and finish it off with a dusting of icing sugar plus some butter.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
6 slices of bread
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
Pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
Some butter for frying
1. Beat eggs in a wide, shallow bowl and stir in salt, milk, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract.
2. Over medium heat, heat a small frying pan and melt some butter in the frying pan.
3. Dip the bread into the egg mixture one at a time. Let the bread soak up the egg mixture, ensuring it is totally coated.
4. Place the coated bread into the frying pan and fry both sides until golden brown.
5. Serve hot with honey or maple syrup and a sprinkling of icing sugar.