Oat and raisin biscuits
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
8 tbsp butter, plus extra for greasing
150g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
100g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
250g porridge oats
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Lightly grease 2 baking trays with a little butter and line with baking paper.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition, until thoroughly combined.
5. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into the creamed mixture and mix gently. Add the porridge oats and raisins and mix thoroughly.
6. Place spoonfuls of the mixture spaced well apart on the prepared baking trays to allow for expansion during cooking. Flatten them slightly with the back of a spoon.
7. Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
8. Remove the biscuits from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes on the baking trays. Carefully transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and leave to cool completely before serving.
9. Store the biscuits in an airtight container.